The Professional Year in Engineering developed by Engineering Education Australia
(EEA), the training division of Engineers Australia, the leading industry body
program will enable you to overcome obstacles to employment by providing you
with the knowledge, skills and workplace experience that Australian employers are looking.
professional component is delivered by EEA and includes further professional
learning opportunities. You also gain access to great resources and support
- Membership of Engineers Australia
- Access to the Engineers Australia platform –my
- Fundamentals of Project Management course
- Introduction to Star Pronunciation with an
opportunity to enrol into a 15 week
online Clear English pronunciation course.
for the ICT Professional Year Program, you must:
- Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia, in
Engineering (minimum two years)
- Applied for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) with at least 12
months validity or Bridging Visa or may be eligible for a 457, 489 or 402 visas.
- Have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (no band lower than 6.0) or equivalent.
- A successful Migration
Skills Assessment through Engineers Australia.
Component: Completed during the 44 weeks (minimum) program
component: 30 weeks
Placement: 12 weeks (full-time)
Advanced program: 5 weeks completed at same time as
the training component.
Depending on the provider, the fee is
between $15000- $15500. (Most
of the providers are offer instalment plans).